Let's do blind contouring
We've recently introduced a new subscription tier that lets you sign up for 3 months of JustSketchMe. 3 months is a perfect timeframe to polish your skills and hone your craft, so we're going to be running a little boot camp to help you get started on your journey to artistic greatness. Sign up today and let's get good, together.
What do you need?
- Something to draw (JustSketchMe's models, animals, objects)
- Something to draw on (paper_/_tablet)
- Something to draw with (Pen, pencil, stylus)
(We used Procreate & iPad mini & apple pencil)
Pick a body type, and select a pose to draw from JustSketchMe's pose library.
Put your pen down and start drawing what you see.
- Don’t lift your pen
- Don’t look at the drawing
- Don’t cheat!
- When you think you are done, look down and laugh at what you created.
Find the contour of the object with your eyes, and let your hand move with your eye as it traces the object.
Take your time.
Don’t worry about controlling the result. It’s not about what you made, it’s about what you learned.
Try drawing the same pose several times.
What does it teach you?
- Train hand and eye to work together. ✔
- Learn to see all the details in an object. ✔
- Portray exactly what you see, instead of what you think you see. ✔
- Break down old habits. ✔